2020 is proving a difficult year for everyone! I will post more here if and when I take part in exhibitions and events. One thing you can see is my virtual open studio as part of Open Studios Notts.
ARDDANGOSFA AGORED/OPEN EXHIBITION 2020 – The Royal Cambrian Society, Conwy
11 Jan – 8 Feb 2020
Susan has two pieces in the RCA’s annual open exhibition of selected works.
Exhibition: Royal Cambrian Academy, Crown Lane, Conwy, Conwy, LL32 8AN. Gallery open t-sa, 11-5 (cl su-m).
OPEN 30: THE PEOPLE’S EXHIBITION – New Walk Museum & Art Gallery, Leicester
14 Dec 2019 – 24 Jan 2020
Susan has two works in Leicester’s annual Open exhibition its 30th year, showcasing contemporary artwork and craft by artists from across the East Midlands.
Exhibition: New Walk Museum & Art Gallery, 53 New Walk, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 7EA. Open m-f, 11-4:30; sa-su, 11-5.
‘THE GREAT LITTLE PICTURE SHOW’ at The Dovecot Gallery, Styrrup
14 Nov – 15 Dec, 2019
Susan has some work in this exhibition at the Dovecot Gallery, Poplars Farm, Styrrup DN11 8NB.
Gallery open thu-sat, 11am-4pm, Sun 124pm.
SOUTHWELL MINSTER WINTER CRAFT FAIR 2019 – Southwell Minster
Fri 1 Nov (7pm-10pm) & Sat 2 Nov (10am-3pm), 2019
Susan had a stall at the Southwell Minster Winter Craft Fair.
Event: Southwell Minster, Southwell NG25 0HD.
BIG DRAW AT THE MUSEUM OF TIMEKEEPING – in conjunction with Gallery 6.
Sunday 27 October, 2019 (10am – 4pm)
Susan took part in this event – showing examples of her work and painting en plein air during the day.
Venue: British Horological Institute, Upton Hall, Upton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG23 5TE.
Paint Out Norwich & Norfolk Gardens Series 2019 Art Exhibition 2019 – Norwich Cathedral Hostry
17 – 27 October, 2019
Susan’s work is part of this exhibition – part of the Hostry Festival.
Exhibition: Norwich Cathedral Hostry, The Close, Norwich, NR1 4DH – open daily, 10-4 (Sun 12-3).
‘EAST MIDLANDS CONTEMPORARY ART AUCTION’ EXHIBITION – at the Djanogly Gallery, Lakeside Arts Centre, University of Nottingham.
PV: Fri 6 Sept, 2019, 7-9pm;
Exhibition: Sat 7 September to Sat 12 October, 2019
Auction: Sat 12 Oct, 2019, from 1pm
Susan’s painting “Still Life with Blue Jug” is’ lot 56′ of 57 selected works in the ‘East Midlands Contemporary Art Auction’ exhibition at the Djanogly Gallery, Lakeside Arts Centre (at the University of Nottingham).
Location: Lakeside Arts Centre, Djanogly Gallery, Angear Visitor Centre, Lakeside Arts, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD.
Gallery open tue-sat 11-5 & sun 12-4, cl mon.
OPEN EXHIBITION 2019 – Thoresby Gallery
Sat 31 Aug – Sat 28th September, 2019
Susan has three paintings in the Thoresby Open Exhibition 2019.
Exhibition: Thoresby Gallery, nr. Ollerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG22 9EP – open daily, 10am-5pm.
SIR JOHN HURT ART PRIZE – Exhibition of Shortlisted Works
Sat 20th – Sun 28th July, 2019
One of Susan’s paintings was selected for this year’s shortlist exhibition for the Sir John Hurt Art Prize as part of the Holt Festival in July.
Exhibition: Auden Theatre Foyer, Gresham’s School, Cromer Road, Holt, Norfolk NR25 6EA – daily, 11am-5pm.
PAINT OUT NORFOLK – at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
1-7 July, 2019
Susan’s painting ‘Below Bishop Bridge’ won 1st Prize (oil painting) in Paint Out Norfolk at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts (plein air competition judged by Prof Paul Greenhalgh, George Rowlett & Dr Francesca Vanke). Other painting locations were at Wells-next-the-Sea, How Hill (Norfolk Broads), Houghton Hall park & the Sainsbury Centre grounds.
Exhibition (6-7 July): Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ – 1oam-5pm.
‘BUXTON SPA PRIZE 2019’ exhibition at The Green Man Gallery in Buxton
28 June – 31 July, 2019
Susan had two paintings in the Buxton Spa Prize exhibition for 2019, at the Green Man Gallery in Buxton through July.
Gallery open daily, 10:30am-5:30pm.
‘A WIDER HORIZON’ exhibition at The Handa Gallery (Wells Maltings)
21-30 June, 2019
Susan was one third of an exhibition alongside Alfie Carpenter and Kristy Campbell. The exhibition ran over 10 days at The Handa Gallery within Wells Maltings – Wells-next-the Sea’s prestigious new arts, heritage and community centre.
Gallery open daily, 11am-4pm, PV on Thu 20 June, 5pm-6:30pm.
AIRING CUPBOARD GALLERY: opening 1 June, 2019 on
Susan has work at Dawn Idalia’s brand new AIRing Cupboard Gallery at Thoresby from 1 June as part of its inaugural exhibition.
Gallery open: mo-fr, 10am-3pm (also open 1-2 June, 10am-5pm to coincide with Dawn’s Open Studio.
Susan opened her studio on 27-27 May alongside three other venues in Upton as part of Open Studios Notts 2019. Guest artists at Susan’s studio were Jo Munks, Carl Gray & Mark Greene.
Event open: 10am-5pm (free entry)
PAINT OUT CAMBRIDGE: 13-17 May, 2019
In May Susan took part in the first Paint Out Cambridge. She was one of a group of en plein air painters capturing views of the town over three days and evenings. The paintings then formed a temporary exhibition.
Event dates: 13-15 May painting sessions; 16 May exhibition private view & awards; 17 May end of exhibition.
- LEICESTER & EAST MIDLANDS OPEN EXHIBITION: 15 Dec 2018 – 2 Feb 2019
- THE GREAT LITTLE PICTURE SHOW: 17 Nov – 16 Dec, 2018
- UPTON CHRISTMAS STUDIOS: Sun 18 November, 2018
- SOUTHWELL MINSTER CRAFT FAIR: Sat 3 November, 2018
- PAINT OUT NORWICH 2018: 13-28 October, 2018
- CERAMICS IN SOUTHWELL: Sun 26 August, 2018
- THE ARTIST & LEISURE PAINTER EXHIBITION: 12 July – 12 August, 2018
- UPTON CHRISTMAS STUDIOS: 18-19 November, 2017
- SOUTHWELL MINSTER CRAFT FAIR: 4 November, 2017
- PAINT OUT NORWICH ART EXHIBITION: 19-28 October, 2017
- PAINT OUT WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA: 15-17 September, 2017
- THORESBY OPEN EXHIBITION: 1-30 September, 2017, winner of the Thoresby open exhibition prize.
- CERAMICS IN SOUTHWELL: Sun 27 August, 2017
- OPEN 28 – East Midlands Open Art Exhibition: 6 July – 26 August, 2017
- HOLT FESTIVAL ‘Exhibition of Shortlisted Work’: Sat 22 July – Sun 30 July, 2017, shortlisted for the Sir John Hurt Art Prize.
- TALP Exhibition: 13 July – 20 August, 2017
- BUXTON SPA PRIZE EXHIBITON: 1-31 July, 2017, Susan’s painting ‘Filtered’ was selected as a ‘Buxton International Festival Choice 2017’
Retford Hub Gallery (2017), Newfield Galleries in Newark (2015), O3 Gallery in Oxford (2013), Thoresby Gallery (2012 & shared in 2016), Rainbow Gallery in Eastwood (2009), Wirksworth Heritage Centre (2009), Spotlight Gallery in Newark (2007 & 2012), Bull Yard Gallery in Southwell (2006/2008).
Includes: Bath Contemporary (2013), Rufford (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014), Thoresby Gallery (2011), O3 Gallery in Oxford (2011), Harding House Gallery in Lincoln (2005, 2006, 2007), Lady Bay Arts Festival (2015 and 2016).
- Leicester and East Midlands Art Exhibition: Open26 (2015 – winner of Wilson Brown Prize), Open27 (2016).
- Oxford Art Prize: plein air competition (2015 – winner of 1851 prize)
- Artist & Leisure Painter Open Art Competition (2015 – winner of Winsor & Newton Award)
- Harley Gallery Open Exhibitions (2012 & 2013).
- Bath Prize Competition (2012).
- Thoresby Gallery Open Exhibition (2011 – winner of exhibition prize & Tony Wilkinson Prize, 2012, 2015 – joint winner of exhibition prize).